For many years now, Naale Elite Academy has been helping students from countries around the globe to experience life as a high school student in Israel. Alongside a rigorous academic education, Naale offers students the chance to participate in extracurricular activities, such as sports and the arts. The high school programs in Israel also offers trips to historical and religious sites, as well as opportunities to volunteer in the local community.
Graduates of Naale return finish high school with a deeper understanding of their Jewish identity and a reinforced connection to Israel. For many students, the experience is life-changing, and they continue to stay involved with Israel long after they return home.
Adjusting to the Naale High School Program in Israel
As enjoyable and enriching as the Naale program in Israel is, it can also be challenging, academically and socially, especially in the beginning. “Naturally, we expect our students to be motivated and to invest their all into acclimating, but at the end of the day, we understand that some students may find the transition more difficult,” says Shoshana Becker, Director of the Western World region at Naale.
To this end, Naale has various ways to ensure students’ wellbeing. Naale staff and counselors are there for students, especially those in the first year, who need a little extra support. Additionally, there are various resources available to help each student succeed in his or her academic and personal pursuits.
Resources Available for Students of the Naale High School Programs
The following are some of the most helpful resources available for Naale students:
- Naale Group madrichim and coordinators: Provides support and assistance to students in all aspects of their academic and personal lives. Help students make the most of their time at Naale, including assisting with planning social events, getting involved in extracurricular activities, and more.
- Academic Advisor: towards starting 11th grade in Naale, advisors helps students plan their course of study, select majors, and provide guidance on any academic matters.
- Health services: A campus nurse is available at different times for students who need medical assistance and care. Provides medical care and counseling services to students.
- Career Counselor: Helps students explore post-graduation options, such as finding employment or continuing education opportunities to match their interests and skills.
- Naale Alumni team: start working with Naale students in their senior year, planning for their future and for those planning to make Aliyah, they provide preparation and assistance throughout the IDF enlistment process.
- The Student Life staff: Help students make the most of their time at Naale, including assisting with planning social events, getting involved in extracurricular activities, and more.
Students from Naaleh High School Programs in Israel Share
C.S., a graduate of the Naale Elite Academy in Ayanot, said that during her first year, the Naale staff “checked in often to see that I was adjusting well, academically, socially and emotionally. They made sure that I liked my host family, assuring me that I could change if I wanted to. And because I had missed a lot of maths math, they gave me a tutor. They really did everything to make sure I was okay.”
G.C. related that the first few weeks at the Naale Elite Academy in Amana were a bit of a “culture shock” for her. In the end, she was able to adjust, she said, thanks to Naale’s dedicated support team, which she describes as “caring and kind,” and “who genuinely care about you.”